Tuesday, May 1, 2007

working 9 to 5

Nothing can drop drop your self esteem about a hundred notches more than looking for a job. That or bathing suit shopping. No woman ever likes to be confronted with having to look in the mirror after a long winter and see their pasty, slightly pudgy self in a very tiny and brightly colored two piece bathing suit. But, I digress.... I am in the process of finding a job in Waco, Texas. I will be moving there in just a few short months, so that my husband can finish graduate school. Seminary to be precise. You would think moving to a larger town with more possibilities would open much bigger and nicer doors in the job market department. So far it hasn't. It's just made me feel that I am a hopeless human being with no potential or intellect. My self proclaimed "kick ass" resume is apparently a little lack luster to employers. I try to be positive to friends and co-workers, but the truth is, I am dying inside with disappointment. Being brave is sure not what it's cracked up to be. And neither is finding a job.

1 comment:

Chris said...

you will be fine. we will get a job. dont worry. if nothing else well mooch off of your parents and my grandma.