Thursday, May 24, 2007

Looking Forward

Well, my trip to Waco, Texas turned out to be a very productive visit. Not only did I make a great contact at Baylor but I also got to see where I will be living. A few months ago, I was looking at Baylor's housing listing, I saw a listing for a two bedroom, one bathroom duplex. Called Chris and told him about it and he looked at it when he had a break between classes. He said it was really nice and that the landlords were pleasant, so I went out on a limb and we decided to go for it. Sent them our deposit and signed the contract. It's a great deal all bills included and since Chris is so bluntly honest about everything, I knew that I could trust him. But, on Tuesday when we were driving around to Mapquests crazy directions I started to rethinking all that. But, with just a few quick u-turns we found Lakeshore Drive and then Forrester Lane and then my duplex. And as usual Chris came through and the duplex, more like a small house, is fantastic. New everything and so nice. I can't wait to move in and start making it a home. I should have taken pictures, but I forgot. And thanks to my new Waco friends found on ole blogspot, I have a few other job prospects. I can now imagine my life in Waco and getting very excited.

No comments: