Saturday, November 29, 2008

So thankful

What a wonderful "first" thanksgiving. Truly a great day. Chris and I hosted our first thanksgiving without parents on Thursday at our apartment. We had a potluck, and all of our friends brought dishes that were staples in their homes. I was responsible for the turkey, stuffing, and gravy. My sister drove from Nebraska and joined us, which was also really great. We've not spent much time together and not really as close as we used to be, so it was fun spending so much time with her. It wore me out a little, but I think in a good way. So, back to the thanksgiving festivities. I love hosting a good party. I just love being a hostess period, but especially of a successful party. And this was. Food was excellent, my apartment looked cute, Chris was charming and an excellent conversationalist and I was just so happy the entire time. Which, lets face it, I really needed. And I think all of the guests had a really great time too!

So, even though this is a tiny bit belated here's what I am thankful for.

I am thankful for and I know this goes without saying, but I'm still gonna say it. My incredibly loving husband, Chris. Not only has he been so patient with my bi-polar emotions lately, but just always holding us together. Plus, he's really cute.
I'm thankful for the new friends we've made in Colorado. Especially, my sweet friend Mary. I'm not sure Chris and I would have survived this first month and a half, if it wasn't for her and her husband Chad.
I am so thankful for my faithful friends that have been praying for us and encouraging me this whole time.
I'm thankful for my family of course, they are so crazy, but I just love 'em.
I'm thankful for my job, it's not the job I always want to have, but I'm glad to have one.
I'm thankful for the opportunity to have this experience. I know that everyday God is strengthening me for my new church and all the new people that I will meet.

No comments: