Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Putting my best face forward...

I just finished my COPD presentation for my job interview tomorrow. Don't worry if you don't know what COPD is, because no one should really know what it is.(Unless you actually have it or in the hospice business like me.) Ok, not the point. The important thing is that I have an interview. It is with Heartland Home Health and Hospice for the Director of Admissions. I didn't actually apply for this job, a recruiter found my resume and career builder and called me last week. I had a long phone interview yesterday and then we set up a face to face for tomorrow. I was asked to bring my presentation for the interview.
The job, should I get it, would actually be a promotion over my last job. My last job was purely outside sales. This is more inside sales and a supervisor role. I would actually have people working underneath me and would be responsible for hiring employees to work under me. Which, I'm not gonna lie, would be AWESOME! I like that the position would have a sales component, but my whole job is not dependant on it. Cuase sales is hard! I like that I might have an office or at least a cubicle to call my own and a more stable schedule.
I spent most of the day putting together my presentation and I am tired. Tonight, I need to make copies of my resume and presentation and of course practice. I will also be rewarding myself with a new shirt for Banana Republic for the intervew. And maybe some jewlery.
Wish me luck and say a prayer. I know that I could use them.

2 comments:

The Norvells said...

You betcha, Lil Rob! Good luck...knock um dead (no pun intended)

Bethany said...

Robin, thats so exciting! I will definitely be praying for you tomorrow! Let me know how it goes!