Thursday, October 30, 2008

A job is a job.

Ok, Ok. I got a job. Don 't get too excited, because I don't plan on it being to permanent. It's an "inside sales job" for an online university. I will be making 150-200 calls a day and working Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Ugh. Ten hour days and a BIG pay cut. Double Ugh. But, it's a job right? So I am happy. Or half happy. The good thing about that crazy schedule is that it allows me to take and go on interviews. Which I feel is a positive way to look at it.

The other part of this is that I am not my job. This is actually pretty hard for me to admit, because, I have always known that I wanted to be a career woman. I love to work! I love making my own money and love knowing that at the end of the day that I worked hard and made a difference. But, we moved here to make a different kind of difference. An eternal difference. Not that you can't do that in a secular job, because I firmly believe that you can. But, I can get caught up in my career woman world and forget about what is truly important. My family, my church, my God. So, while this is not my ideal job and I am fine doing it for awhile. If I have to do it a little longer than just a few months, I can live with that.

3 comments:

Cliff and Jessica said...

Robin I am thankful God is providing for ya'll financially even though it isn't the job you want. Believe me I understand where you're coming from. I'm a receptionist for the time being (since March). It is the most boring and sometimes mind numbing job, but it pays. :) Hang in there...life takes time...I'm praying for you today.

Holly Heston said...

Wow....my responsible friend. It is never easy doing a job that you don't want....and especially not knowing the end point. You are inspiring in that you have such a positive attitude in the midst of uncertainty knowing that God is completely in control and that you know your purpose is not about what you do but Who you do it for. You're the best. Love you friend

Misty said...

Holly is so right. You are such a hard worker and hello- a fabulous wife! Did you know that? When do you start?