Friday, January 14, 2011

Fasting Catch Up

So, it turns out I'm actually really terrible about a daily update. Or even weekly! So today, we're on day 14 of our Money fast and eating healthy. Wednesday night I soooo wanted to grab Chris and go to Chili's for dinner, but we ate some Progresso soup instead. We entertained a bunch this past week and weekend, so I'm really tired of cooking, dishes and cleaning the kitchen, but we must press on!

What I've learned so far is that I can cook and eat healthily 7 nights a week on a budget. Yes, my grocery store trip is like 30 minutes longer and sometimes requires me to shop at three different stores, but it's kinda worth it. I feel good when I look at our budget and bank account instead of dreading it! I've also really seen the benefit of working with cash for gas and groceries. I hope to keep those habits going even after day 21, because they have really kept me accountable and I need that.

I don't know about you, but I am SO glad it's the weekend! Happy Friday friends!

No comments: