Thursday, February 21, 2008

Pregnancy Woes

Yes you read the title correctly and no I am not pregnant. But, I did get asked yesterday when my due date was. Yes, you also read that correctly. I was standing at the Lancome counter yesterday afternoon, looking to spend a little of my fun money. I mean, there I was looking at lip gloss,when the make-up girl turns to me and asks "When are you due?". Well, my face got very hot and I told her that I wasn't with child, just (apparently) a little chunky. Then she starts to apologize profusely which leaves me in the awkward position of havening to reassure her that "it's fine", "it could happen to anyone" " it's no big deal". But what I'm really thinking is, I will NEVER wear this shirt again and I need to hit the gym a lot harder tomorrow. So, I just paid for my make-up and tried not to jab whatever makeup brush was closest to me, in my heart. I'm being dramatic, but unless this has never happened to you then you won't really understand the pain. I do, however, hope one of two things though. That, one, this never happens to you, and two, you never ask a woman who is not pregnant if she is.

2 comments:

The Norvells said...

Oh rob! I am so sorry. I think I would have cried right there. Take it from someone who has always carried their weight in their stomach....that sucks!
My boss at Starbucks did ask a customer that once who wasn't pregnant. The customer started crying and walked away without her coffee that she had just paid for. I felt just awful for her.
You will always be smokin hot in my book :>).

Misty said...

Well I just recently saw plenty of that tummy and it does not look the slightest bit preggo. In fact I could definitely see that you have been working out. So take the makeup brush out of your heart. I'll bet that you just had a glow about you. ;)