Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ugh

The weather outside is sorta frightful... we were supposed to get 13 -16 inches last night and today and we didn't. I am so glad, because I am so over the snow for this year. But it sure is cold and windy and not very spring weather. I think I talk about the weather in like every post, but that is because I'm kinda obsessed with it here. It's crazy. That's all I have to say about it. Crazy.

The other crazy thing in my life is Chris's new job. Yep, he got a promotion! We are really thrilled... really! (I know two girls here in Denver that have hubbys out of work) So, don't let my blog title make you think that we are not thankful for the extra money in our bank account. Because we are thankful! What I am not as thankful is for him working nights now. He goes into work at 9:00 pm and comes home at 6:30 am. Like I said... UGH. It may not sound all that "ugh" to you and it didn't immediately sound bad to me either. But it's horrible. We never see eachother. Because his days off are now Sunday and Monday and he still has to keep his sleeping cycle, which means he doesn't get up until 2ish. Not much time left in the day to hang out. And then back to work for me on Monday. Last night when Chris was getting ready to leave, I had a mini breakdown. I couldnt help it. I really never consider myself a needy wife and he has only been doing about 2 weeks, but I couldn't help it. The water works started and continued even after he left. I hate this new job and I am praying that Denver Rescue Mission promotes him quick!

So that is my "ugh". Cold weather and no husband. What is a girl to do?

3 comments:

The Norvells said...

Oh rob! this IS rough! I don't blame you for the way you feel. It's amazing how depressed I get when Dave and I have a busy week and we don't get to see one another. Sometimes with me being in class at night and working some evenings, and then stuff that he has to do for his job, it makes it rough. I'm so sorry. Hopefully this is just temporary and you can make it through!

Misty said...

All you would have had to say is "cold weather and no husband" and I would have been sold. Wish I could do more besides give up an "ugh" on your behalf. I'm facing the same scenario again soon and am not so sure I'll hold up any better. But I will say it definitely makes the time you have together so much sweeter.

Cliff and Jessica said...

Hey Robin! I'm with you on the crazy weather sister. I'm ready for warm weather and being outside, but the winter is still hanging on even in Amarillo. I'm praying for ya'll with Chris' crazy new schedule. Hang in there and this too shall pass!