Friday, January 16, 2009

This week

I am watching TLCs "What Not To Wear" and they are doing jeans. Geez... will someone nominate me for that show already?! I want a new pair of jeans, so bad that I could cry. Ok, maybe not cry, but I really want some new jeans.

The job is good. First week down, and that is always the hardest. In my opinion anyway. I am the Marketing and Admissions Director of a long term care facility. It's a little crazy and I think that I have determined that I will not be perusing the Nursing Home administrator thing anymore. It's just not for me. In general, I think I have ruled out nursing homes as any kind of job possibility. But hey, its a job and with this crazy economy, I'm just glad to have a job! Plus no more working on the weekends and 10 hour days.

This week as been really rough. Not just because I started the new job.... just been a bad week. I've been a big jerk to Chris and kind of negative of about a lot of things. Tomorrow, when Chris is at basketball, I need to spend some time with God and get my heart cleaned up and back in order.

On a high note, the weather has been glorious in Denver! Sunny and in the 50s and 60s. Absolutely gorgeous and I've been able to loose the coat, scarf and gloves for a few afternoons. It really has been great. Almost like Texas. Which reminds me. I really miss Texas. I miss Tex-Mex food, the people, and the accents.

Whew! I am so ready for this weekend. I gonna rest, clean, spend time hanging out with Chris and just enjoy my life.

5 comments:

Holly Heston said...

hi sweet friend!! I'm glad you have a new job, but am sad that it isn't going to be everything you had hoped. Hang in there....and you should definitely go get a new pair of jeans.

Misty said...

I feel you. I can't watch WNTW or I become completely discontent with my life. :) I hope you had the restful weekend you hoped for friend.

Chris said...

we should get you a new pair of jeans. you have more than earned them.

Lainey-Paney said...

I wanna be on that show too!
I want the shopping spree.
I want them to force me to purge my wardrobe!

...can we nominate ourselves???

Lainey-Paney said...

:)
No, I don't think we know each other.
I just happened upon your blog while blog surfing!

Unless of course we're somehow connected through Kevin Bacon...but, i don't him....

Nice to meet ya!
~Laine