Sunday, January 25, 2009

New Friends

Last night Chris and I went out with some new friends. Sarah and Kyle Hunter. I met Sarah at work, she is the social worker at my nursing home. She did her under grad at Baylor and that's how we got to talking. Mostly, because I am so nosey and anytime I see anything representing Texas I have to bring it up. Anyway, she is our age and married and really, really great. Last week she asked me if Chris and I would want to hang out with her and her husband. It was all I could do not to hug her and jump up and down. I have been trying to make friends, but people are kinda non-committal about it here. Which is weird to me, because everyone I meet says they want more couple friends, but never want to hang out. Anyway..... Well, I made myself wait until I got in the car to call Chris and tell him the good news. I was that excited!

So, we met them at a their house, which in the very same area, we want to buy a house! They took us to a cool pizza place and then we went back to their house and played rock band! It was really fun and I think even Chris had fun playing. I always have to assess everything when we get in the car, and we both really liked them and had a good time. Which is also nice. Sometimes the wives will get along, but the husbands not so much. Or the other way around, so I was thrilled that everybody hit it off. Hopefully this is the start to a beautiful friendship!

Now we have 4 friends in Colorado. I'm a pretty happy girl.

5 comments:

The Norvells said...

I also have a bad habbit of assessing things in the car...playing scenes from the night over and over, trying to figure out if everyone had fun or if we were all compatable. I getcha there. I am so glad yall are making friends....that's a good confirmation of why the Lord brought you to CO.

Rachael said...

HOoray!!!! You have new Colorado friends and what are the chances that they'd be from Baylor!

Love you Robin and I can't wait to come see you

Lainey-Paney said...

yes that IS very nice when the guys like each other, and so do the gals.

:)

Lainey-Paney said...

Hey---I'm a Texas Social Worker!

Sarah said...

We had fun too! We definitely need to hang out again!