Thursday, December 18, 2008

Day to day events

Nothing exciting or new to post. Christmas is next week and I'm getting my apartment ready for my parent's and sister visit. I applied for a job at a nursing home today as a marketer. I've recently decided to look into what it would take to become a nursing home Administrator. One of my goals for the new year is to get going on that.

Chris is really enjoying his job. He is getting to know a lot of the guys there and getting to know Denver better, since he drives all over the city picking up donations, food and such. My job is going fine. I'm getting in the routine of working Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and having days off in the middle of the week. It's been colder than cold here and I never thought it could be that cold anywhere but in Alaska or Antarctica. But, I am learning to layer my clothes and drink as much hot beverages as I can get!

I am also eating my words on a fashion decision. I got a pair of Ugg boots last night. My Christmas gift from Chris. They come highly recommended from the girls of Denver when the weather is absolutely awful. And that is exactly what the weather has been. I gotta say they are super comfortable and I'm excited about how warm they are going to be. Chris is also getting some Ugg boots. Not like mine, but some manly and water proff ones.

My family is coming to our house for the first Christmas ever! I am feeling a little anxious about it, because my mom can be very critical and very fussy. So, I'm feeling a little a little anxious about it all. There is a lot of cooking, cleaning and self preservation to be done.

Denver really is feeling more and more like home. I think it's going to work out after all.

2 comments:

Misty said...

I LOVE the details! I'm hanging on to every word. I'm also proud of you for buying Uggs. I'm sure you look great in them. My whole family will be here for Christmas too so I feel you. We may have to schedule at least one phone call to commiserate. :)

Bethany said...

This post made me smile. I can't wait to be there with you guys... even in the colder than cold weather. I've been watching the temperature in Denver and cold like that is beyond my range of imagination, so it should be fun getting used to it.... I love you girl! I'm sure Christmas will be great because you are such a warm and hospitable person!