Thursday, June 7, 2007

It's go time!


Today is the first day to a healthier and fitter me! That's right folks, I am going to loose some weight and learn how to eat healthier in the process. For breakfast today, I had strawberry yogurt with granola. My snack... kashi cookie and banana. Lunch...lettuce wrap with lean chicken, tomato and avocado with a side of baked lays (just a few). Afternoon snack... fresh strawberries and organic applesauce. Dinner a "Lean Cuisine". I will also be hitting the gym after work for a hour long power walk on the treadmill. I have exactly a month in a half until Chris and I go to the beach with my parents. I want to look hot in my bikini and not embarrassed of my jelly belly. I also, just want to maintain a healthier life style. Let's face it. I'm not getting any younger and my metabolism is slowing down.

I'm also in need of some new healthy recipes for dinners. Karen, I know you have some, so help a sister out. Or if anyone knows of some good online recipe sites... I'd happily take that. Chris is being so sweet and trying to eat whatever healthy meals I've been cooking up. But, I could use some new ideas. So, here's to a new and improved me!

2 comments:

Misty said...

www.wholefoodsmarket.com

www.allrecipes.com

www.whfoods.com

Just a few. I have LOTS more if you want.

The Norvells said...

I love it! Let me get a few together and I will email. I have a weight watchers cookbook with some awesome recipes that even Dave eats, so I know Chris will like them.