Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Stupid is as Stupid does

I did a really stupid thing yesterday. Really stupid. I fell for scam, that included me giving my credit card information over the phone, so that some "company" so they could find me a job. I know... stupid. After I got off the phone, I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. I turned right around and googled the company and found a forum of other people that were scammed. My heart sank and I swear my eyes rolled to the back of my head as several thoughts went through my head. Jeez... is my identity going to be stolen? Am I really going to be one of those people that goes on the news and tells everyone how they were the victim of a scam? Am I going to get in trouble with Chris? So, I called my bank in a panic. Thank God I bank with a national bank and not some local bank. What are they really going to do for me? They're all townies! So anyway, I called Bank of America told my sob story to a very nice lady on the phone. She sweetly gave me a little pep talk about calling that company and getting them to give me back my money. Feeling very empowered, I called that company and gave them what for! Well... really what they got was a crazy girl, talking at the speed of light, begging them to void her account and give her, her thirty bucks back. Well, they did and I breathed a huge sigh of releif.
p.s. I did tell Chris about what I did and he wasn't mad. He did ask me if I learned my lesson. And I have.

No comments: