Saturday, March 6, 2010

Life as I see it

Well, the past couple of months have been good! Just wanted to catch up on all that's been going on.

  • Refuge Community Church will be having our first service very soon! Still no building yet, but we do have an AWESOME music minister and of course pastor! ;) Chris had been making connections with some people to help with the building process and I feel completely confident that we will have a meeting place by Palm Sunday, which is when we kick off! Chris has been losing sleep over it, but I know that God is faithful.
  • I've been working out! Yes, it is true. I HATE working out, HATE it! But, it occurred to me that I was spending most of my time on the couch watching TV. And that is just not a life. So I've been walking/running with Rufus almost everyday after work or on the weekends. Granted I don't go very far, but I'm getting there.
  • I just finished reading Donald Miller's new book A Million Miles in a Thousand Years and it was seriously the best book I've read in a long time. It has changed me. As all good books should. It's all about the kind of story you are living and the character you are in your own story. It has made really think about the story I building with my life. Buy it and Read it! You won't regret it. Truly.
  • I've become kinda obsessed with party planning. I found a couple of blogs one night and was hooked. I'm definitely the kind of person that says "I can do that!", and then never does. So, now I am actually doing it. It doesn't seem hard, just time consuming and lots of attention to detail. Which I can commit myself to. I am having my "launch party" in a couple of weeks for one of the guys in our church. He is graduating from the Mission and so I wanted to throw him a party. It's a Green bay Packer theme, so green and gold. I'll put up pictures of how it turns out. I'm really excited.
  • Chris and I are planning a Taste of Texas trip this summer, because we miss all our favorite restaurants from all our favorite cities. So, hopefully we will be seeing many of our Texas friends!
I think that about wraps it up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ohhh a taste of texas, that sounds like a neat road trip!!!

Misty said...

Texas! Woohoo!!! I've been wanting to read that book for awhile now but if it is not at the library, it is out. Any chance I can borrow it?? :)