Monday, June 9, 2008

Roadtrip!

That's right. In just 3 and 1/2 days we will be on the road to Denver, Colorado! Not only am I glad for some time away from work and Texas for that matter, but we are going to be visiting our new hometown!I realize now that I have pretty much prepared myself in most ways for the trip. I bought some new clothes, I'm gonna get some new flip flops, we bought magazines and books the other night. Chris bought himself a Nintendo DS with his fun money and of course we've got the always wonderful IPod. The only thing that I've neglected to do is to pray for our trip. How completely foolish of me (and also typical of me) to get caught up in petty and worldly things and forget to commit this trip to the One who is calling us to go. My heavenly Father. I ask you, my friends. to pray for us as well. There are four of us going. Chris and me, Tanner and Bethany. All of us feel a strong calling to move to Denver and start a church there. So, I ask that you would pray for...
1. safety as we drive about 962 miles and about 14 hours to our destination
2. for perhaps some divine appointments along the way or while we are there
3. brave hearts and strong spirits
4. relationship building during our time together
5. for God to be our center.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Way to go Robin...I'm glad you're back in the blogging world!

I love this post...I think we all get caught up in worldly things (such as buying new clothes - hey a girl has gotta look good). But obvously new clothes and even a new Nintendo are nothing compared with praying to the Lord. I hope you guys have a fabulous trip and that you really start to get a feel of what God wants you to do in Colorado.

See you tonight (maybe?)