Friday, September 7, 2007

The sales floor

Life in Sales is crazy. It is a roller coaster of emotions to say the least. One day I sold 4,400 dollars in just one sale. The next day, I sold maybe 200 bucks. I get five percent commission. You do the math. Everyday, some jerk blows me off or cuts off my welcome phrase of "How are you guys doing? What brings you in today?" with "I'M JUST LOOKING!" I also get the question " So you just doing this while you're school?" a lot. On the other hand... my feet are now made of steel. I can stand in heels for about 12 hours and they won't start hurting until maybe hour ten. So, that's kinda a plus. But, I am making it. I am still looking for another job, but I am also trying to make the best of good ole Furniture Row.

2 comments:

The Norvells said...

Do people really look at you and think you're in college? Oh my word....even when you WERE in college you didn't look it. You have always looked mature to me.
Glad to hear that you are making some sales though. Even 200 is better then 0. Keep it up lil rob! I'd buy furniture from you in a heartbeat!

KarenD said...

Wow, an all commission job... I hope things pick up or you find something better soon!